- Connect phone and Open Zune if doesn’t open by default.
- Click on Settings on the top right corner
- Select Software –> General and then click on the “Check for updates” button. This will update the Zune client.
- Then Select Phone –> Update
- This will list for you the available updates one at a time (say Feb 2011 then Mar 2011). Install them one after the other.
- You need enough free space on your C: Drive up to the size of your phone’s memory (8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB). This is required by the updater to back up your WP7 in case something goes wrong during the installation and it needs to restore.
- You cannot make or receive calls during the update process.
- Now restart Zune and look for updates again! Remember that your carrier can block up to a maximum of one update. Funny I know . So you need to check if another update is pending once you are done with the first update.